Housekeeping Cleaning front office area
SOP – Cleaning Front office / Lobby Area
Cleaning front office / Lobby Area:
Hotel lobby should be clean 24 hours of the day. All lobby and front office areas like flooring, ceiling, furniture, glass doors, glass windows, ashtrays, fixtures etc. should be clean at any given time.as we mention in our Previous post that cleaning it means Housekeeping Department
The reception area is one of the main points which gave the guest the first impression about the level of the hotel standard , so you need to keep it clean and tidy all the times .
- Check all the ashtrays and the main porch area.
- While emptying the ash trays make sure cigarette are not burning.
- Empty ashtrays and ash urns into the trash.
- Clean the ashtrays and return them to the correct spots.
Clear all trash bins:
- Remove garbage from dustbins and clean them if required.
- It is also a good practice to separate the recyclable items from the trash and place them separately.
- If any trash found on the lobby area then pick them up immediately.
- Replace the cleared dustbins to the original spot.
Clean and disinfect telephone, Kiosk touch screen:
- Spray disinfectant on a dry cloth and clean telephone mouth piece, ear piece and telephone instrument.
- Repeat the same procedure on all house phones and telephone receivers on the fax machine.
- Wipe the kiosk touch screen and remove finger print marks using recommended micro fiber cloth.
Clean stairway handrails:
- Remove cob webs, dirt’s etc before cleaning the handrails.
- Apply cleaning solution and wipe the handrails.
- If mild detergents are used then wipe handrails with a wet cloth to rinse away them away.
Clean all glass surfaces and windows:
- Spray windows and glass surfaces with water or appropriate cleaning solution.
- Use a squeegee and pull down from top to bottom.
- Overlap each stroke slightly to remove all water or cleaning solution.
- Use a lint free duster to wipe the glass surface so as to leave the entire glass surface shiny.
Carpet and furniture upholstery vacuuming:
- Furniture is to be dusted and all the upholstery is vacuumed cleaned.
- Connect the appropriate cleaning attachment for vacuuming upholstered furniture’s.
- Vacuum furniture arm rest, seat back and the area behind the seat back.
- Use a heavy duty vacuum cleaner to vacuum all the carpeted area on the Lobby / Front office.
- Vacuum under desks and other areas, Move furniture as and when required.
- Once cleaning is completed remove the vacuum dust bag and store the vacuum cleaner on the pantry.
Mop and Sweep lobby floor:
- Sweep the lobby floor thoroughly.
- Place appropriate signage to warn the guest before mopping lobby floor.
- Mop with a damp cloth to remove all dust and dirt from the surface.
- Buff the lobby once in a day also the dustbins and ashtrays are cleared time to time.
- Clean all marble / tile /wood skirting with a damp cloth daily.
- Sweep lobby floor on a regular interval and also when requested by the front office team.