SOP – Housekeeping – Cleaning Bathroom tiles and Mirror
SOP Number: HK – 17 ( SOP serial number and department code )
Department: Housekeeping – Guest Room
Date Issued: DATE THE DOCUMENT WAS CREATED
Time to Train: 30 Minutes
- Apply diluted cleaning solution on to the scrubber and scrub top to bottom ensuring dirt/hair are removed from the tiles.
- Clean small area of the tile and grout and then dry with a sponge.
- Wet sponge with hot water and remove detergent.Tiles have to be cleaned daily with diluted Cleaning solution.
- They have to wipe dry, leaving no body fats or streaks on the tiles.
- Recheck all tiles to ensure no dirty streaks are left on the tiles.
- Care has to be taken around toilet and bathtub to make sure all tiles are dry.
- Wipe all surfaces with a dry cloth.
- Use a damp sponge with water only to wipe the mirror.
- Glass cleaner is not recommended for cleaning mirrors because it may leave streaks.
- Dry and polish the mirror with a dry cloth.
- Wipe entire area of glass.
- Check for smudges and re-wipe.
- From a distance check the mirror for stains and marks and leave the mirror spotlessly clean.
- All glass surfaces have to be clean and shiny.
Cleaning of drain:
- Spray small amount of cleaning solution on the drain cores.
- Scrub with Scrubber on top and below of drain cores.
- Wash with clean water.
- Mop the drain cover and remove any ace of water from the drain cores or holes.
- Drain holes not to have signs of dirt building or moping. They are to be left smelling fresh.