Handling Guest luggage procedures
- As soon as a taxi (or any other transportation) stops in front of the hotel / porch, Bell Personal or Door man should open the passenger door.
- Greet the guest: “Welcome to [Your hotel name], I am [your name] do you need some help with your luggage?”
- Help the guest to get out of the taxi (if needed).
- Take the luggage from the trunk (ensure with the guest that nothing is missing).
- Ask for guest name: “May I have your name Sir / Madam?”
* Tag the luggage.
- Escort or guide the guest to the reception area or to the reception floor.
- Inform the guest that you will be taking care of their luggage.
- If the reception is located on another area or floor then, Check the PMS and find out what room has been allocated to the guest.
- Write down the room number on to the luggage tag.
- Check with the FO team if the check-in formality is completed.
- If the room is ready then place the luggage on the luggage rack in the room.
- If the room is not ready, then store the luggage in the store room on the designated arrival shelve and update the Daily Luggage register or log book .
- Escort the guest to the room if required and send the luggage by the staff elevator only.
On Guest Departure:
- Collect the luggage from the guest room.
- Try to have a casual conversation with the guest on the way down: “Mr / Ms. [Guest Name] I hope you enjoyed your stay with us. Would you need a taxi to airport?”
- If the guest ask the luggage to be stored, tag the luggage accordingly (guest name, room number, date and time of collection) and get the guest signature on the – Long term luggage request form.
- Store the luggage on the designated departure area.
- If the guest is leaving the Hotel immediately after completing the check-out procedure, then bring the luggage to portico.
- If taxi is waiting then load the luggage to the taxi and request the guest to verify the loaded luggage.
- Update the departure luggage movement on the Daily luggage movement register or log look .
Luggage Storage Room:
- Luggage room should be always organized and neat.
- The luggage room is divided in 3 areas, arrival, departure, long term storage.
- Each luggage has to be tagged using luggage tag (Sl no, Guest name, date, room no, guest’s signature and time of collection).
- A phone number or email address must be on the long term storage luggage form .
- Long term luggage storage register has to be completed and signed by the guest.
- Following questions need to be asked while keeping in Items for long storage:
a) Fragile Items
- Ask the guest if there are any fragile items in their suitcase,
- If yes, mark “Fragile” on the luggage tag.
- For items who need to be kept cool (medication, food…) check with Food and beverage kitchen.
- Record where the items are stored in the luggage register.
- For long term luggage storage ensure with the guest that there are no perishable items inside the luggage.
Security & Safety
- Always keep the luggage room closed and dry.
- Do not leave guests alone in the luggage room.
- Remind the guest to keep their valuable item with them (Jewellery, phone, wallet, camera, Ipad etc.)
- Log down in the bell desk log book and also on errand card each luggage handling done (Arrival, Departure, Stored) etc.