Front Office staff preparation before starting the shift
To be Ready Before the shift starts.
Punch in your attendance.
Read the log book :
- Look for unusual events or incidents which happen during the previous shift .
- Check if there is any Guest Complaints and if you need to make follow up .
- Guest pending requests to be shared between the shifts verbal and written
- Other relevant information’s in the operation .
- Situations which requires follow-up.
- Any hand overs from previous shift.
- Pending Mails and Couriers to be delivered to the guest on time .
- Read the notice board and update directions of the day.
- Check for Wake up calls, Check DND guests.
- Check for lobby music (House music ).
- Print the VIP- In-house and Arrival list.
- Check the airlines crew list, take guest In-House report by Room number.
- Read the F&B activities, outlets opening and closing timings and Banquet functions for the day.
- Check all the Equipment are working properly or not.
- Check the Front office stationery to be sure that operation will be smooth.
- Check today’s Hotel position and if there is fully booking situation to be put in the consideration .
- Check for Airport pickups and Drop off for the day.
- check the lobby area is clean and tidy with nice smell.
Front Desk – Early Shift – Check List for Receptionists
Date: _________________________ Receptionists on duty: ________________________________
Shift Leader: ___________________ Early Duty Manager: _________________________________
Task Completed By Supervisor
06:45 Receive a proper handover from the night team
07:00 Count your float and ensure you have enough change
07:10 Print system back up / downtime report in case of system failure
07:15 Familiarise yourself with conferences in the hotel today
07:20 Familiarise yourself with groups & VIP’s arriving today
07:25 Familiarise yourself with pre-registrations not yet arrived
07:30 Check the fax machine for urgent faxes and action
07:35 Tidy up the reception desk and ensure you have enough stationary
07:40 Ensure that you have enough hotel brochures and tariffs stocked
07:45 Follow up on outstanding issues handed over from the night team
08:00 Check the lost postings account for unidentified charges and action
08:15 Print your “High balance” / “Guest over limit” report and action
08:30 Prepare all direct bills / city ledger
09:00 Apply staff discount / other pre arranged discounts to invoices
09:00 Print system back up / downtime report in case of system failure
09:30 Action “Express Check-outs” if applicable
11:00 Print system back up / downtime report in case of system failure
11:05 Check stationary stock level and order new stationary if required
11:15 Check if guests are waiting for their room and chase housekeeping
12:00 Check your remaining due-outs / check-outs and call guests if needed
12:30 Ensure that your lunch break is scheduled by your supervisor
13:00 Clear out the old registration cards from the pit box / registration card box
13:00 Print system back up / downtime report in case of system failure
13:15 Keep checking if guests are waiting for their room and chase housekeeping
13:30 Organize you shift banking and ensure supervisor checks your paperwork
14:00 Tidy up the reception desk and ensure next shift has enough stationary
14:30 Count your float and drop any cash amount due
14:45 Close your cashier
14:45 Stay at the desk while the supervisor gives handover to late shift teamTags:front office department training, Front office rules and regulations, Hotel management training, Hotel Telephone operator, Housekeeping training